WARSAW,N.C. (WNCT) -- A Duplin County family survived a early morning house fire, thanks to their smoke alarms.
The fire started on Popular Drive at around 1:30 Saturday morning.
The Warsaw fire department battled the blaze for about 30 minutes but the home is a total loss.
No one was injured during the incident.
Red Cross arrived on the scene and is assisting the family in temporary housing.
The cause of the fire was electrical and related to a panel box issue.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Questions raised over discarded headstones
- Saved: A look at the impact of assistance dogs on veterans
- Coffee shop, bike store now under one roof in New Bern
- Craven County cuts ribbon on new animal services center