Discarded cigarette responsible for Kinston fire - Greenville, NC | News | Weather | Sports - WNCT.com

Discarded cigarette responsible for Kinston fire

Posted: Updated:

An elderly couple made it out of their burning home without any injuries.

It happened on Jefferson Drive in Kinston just before 10 p.m. Tuesday night.

Chief Crawford with the Kinston Dept. of Public Safety tells 9 On Your Side it was heavily involved when they arrived and it took crews 15-20 minutes to get the fire under control.

The home, however, is a total loss.

Fortunately, the couple got out with no injuries.

However, one firefighter was injured and has some superficial burns.

Authorities say a discarded cigarette started the fire.


Powered by WorldNow

3221 South Evans Street
Greenville N.C. 27834

Telephone: 252.355.8500
Fax: 252.355.8568
Email: newsdesk@wnct.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.