A collaborative DWI check in Greenville netted 95 total traffic and criminal violations, including 6 DWI's.
The Greenville Police Department hosted the DWI check on Allen Rd.
The Pitt County Sheriff's office, North Carolina Highway Patrol, Ayden Police, Grifton Police, ECU Police, and Vidant Police were all involved.
Police say it's a proactive approach to help prevent alcohol related accidents.
"We're getting the message out there that if you drink and drive, we will catch you," said Cpl. Montanye who organized the checkpoint.
He says there will be more checkpoints in the near future.
Here's a look at the other violations officers uncovered Friday night:
• Driving While License Revoked:17
• No Operators License: 12
• Misdemeanor Drug Charges: 7
• Felony Drug Charges:1
• Registration Violations: 19
• Inspection Violations: 9
• Alcohol Violations: 3
• Seat Belt violations: 3
• Other Traffic Violations: 10
• Child Restraint Violations:2
• Warrants served:3
• Other Misdemeanor Arrest: 1
• Other Felony Arrrest:2
• Seizures: 1986 Nissan Pickup truck, over 20 grams of marijuana, and 1600.00 dollars in US currency
• Recovered: Taurus .45 Cal handgun stolen out of Nash County
3221 South Evans Street
Can't find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.