Quantcast

Kinston fire started by closet light bulb - Greenville, NC | News | Weather | Sports - WNCT.com

Kinston fire started by closet light bulb

Posted: Updated:
KINSTON, N.C. -

A house fire in Kinston was caused by a bare light bulb handing in a closet.

It happened around 10:20 a.m. at a home on Railfence Drive.

Police tell 9 On Your Side the fire caused about $10,000 in damages, mostly from smoke. They say the light bulb caught clothes on fire stored in the closet.

The homeowner said he turned the closet light on and then walked outside before the fire started.

No one was injured.

 

Powered by WorldNow

3221 South Evans Street
Greenville N.C. 27834

Telephone: 252.355.8500
Fax: 252.355.8568
Email: newsdesk@wnct.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.