Quantcast

Officials say deadly heater replaced without permit - Greenville, NC | News | Weather | Sports - WNCT.com

Officials say deadly heater replaced without permit

Posted: Updated:
BOONE, N.C. -

A Boone inspector says a hotel pool heater that leaked carbon monoxide and killed a Washington state couple and later a South Carolina boy was installed without the knowledge of the town's inspection department.
    
Todd Miller with the Boone Planning and Inspections Department says the Best Western Blue Ridge Plaza never told the city about the new heater. Miller says the hotel did not apply for a required permit for the change.
    
Officials say carbon monoxide poisoning killed 73-year-old Daryl Jenkins and 72-year-old Shirley Jenkins of Longview, Wash., on April 16. They were staying in a room directly over the pool's maintenance room.
    
Eleven-year-old Jeffrey Lee Williams of Rock Hill, S.C., died in the same room June 8.
    
An attorney for the hotel did not respond to a message.

Powered by WorldNow

3221 South Evans Street
Greenville N.C. 27834

Telephone: 252.355.8500
Fax: 252.355.8568
Email: newsdesk@wnct.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.