Fire leaves seven without a home - Greenville, NC | News | Weather | Sports - WNCT.com

Fire leaves seven without a home

Posted: Updated:

A house fire leaves a family of seven without a home.

Neighbors say it happened around four or five o'clock Friday evening.

The fire happened on the 1100 block of Jones Street in Greenville.

Deontaye Parish says he was watching television when he heard a bunch of sirens.

"I was watching a little TV, so I thought it was the TV, until I came and check it out. And I seen the smoke coming from the house and the family over here by Sadie Saulter Elementary School," said Parish.

Dontavius Cox, who live a few houses down, he's friend alerted him to the fire.

"I come outside to see the house all in smoke, fire and everything. I'm like, are the kids alright, are the kids out the house," said Cox.

No one was injured in the fire. However, the family of seven, who was renting the home, are without a home.

The Red Cross is helping the family with relocation.

Powered by WorldNow

3221 South Evans Street
Greenville N.C. 27834

Telephone: 252.355.8500
Fax: 252.355.8568
Email: newsdesk@wnct.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.