An abandoned motel in Fayetteville has burned, but no injuries have been reported.
Assistant Fire Chief Kevin Morgan said the old Patel Motel had been condemned and was unsafe for firefighters to enter Monday afternoon.
Morgan said the building was structurally unsafe and contained asbestos.
He said the motel had become a popular place for homeless people and the department has been called to a number of fires at the building.
Morgan says the fire got into the attic and heavy smoke poured from the roof.
City officials obtained a judge's order last year, forcing the motel to close.