The City of Raleigh now says it will take down signage in city parks that bans firearms.
The move comes after recent changes in state law and pressure from a gun rights group.
The city made the announce late Tuesday afternoon and said all signs that claim to ban firearms will be taken down by the end of the business day Wednesday.
This comes about a month after a new state law made it illegal for local governments to ban concealed carry in parks, playgrounds and other public spaces.
The gun rights group Grass Roots North Carolina said the city previously told them it didn't have the money to take down the signs.
So Grass Roots North Carolina said it came up with a cheap solution.
"All you have to do is take some duct tape, put it over the verbiage that says, 'No firearms' and you're in compliance and it doesn't cost anybody money,'" said Josette Chmiel of Grass Roots NC.
The city issued a statement late Tuesday afternoon saying that city officials understand the law and will amend the city code to reflect the recent changes.
"While the multi-rule signs are technically correct, the City will be modifying the signs by removing the word ‘firearms,'" said Diane Sauer, the director of the city's Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Department. "The new signs have the correct information."