Fire at Durham shopping center ruled accidental - Greenville, NC | News | Weather | Sports - WNCT.com

Fire at Durham shopping center ruled accidental

Posted: Updated:

A fire that broke out at a Durham shopping center has been ruled accidental.

Fire investigators said the fire started in the exhaust duct from the oven of Pizzeria Toro, a restaurant in the shopping center on E. Chapel Hill Street.

The fire was reported shortly after 1 a.m. Monday. When fire crews arrived to the scene, smoke was visible from the roof. An apartment below the fire sustained severe water and fire damage. Two other apartments sustained moderate smoke damage.

No one was injured in the fire.


Powered by WorldNow

3221 South Evans Street
Greenville N.C. 27834

Telephone: 252.355.8500
Fax: 252.355.8568
Email: newsdesk@wnct.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.