Unattended cooking cause of Greenville apartment fire - WNCT

Unattended cooking cause of Greenville apartment fire

Posted: Updated:
GREENVILLE, N.C. - Unattended cooking caused a fire Saturday evening in Greenville.

It happened at an apartment complex on Best Road around 9:42 p.m.

Firefighters responding to the scene found flames and heavy smoke coming from the home. Crews quickly put the fire out and prevented it from spreading beyond apartment #B.

All occupants were already safely outside the home when firefighters arrived on the scene. Two children and one adult were transported to the hospital for possible smoke inhalation.

The Pitt County Red Cross responded to assist the family.
Powered by WorldNow

3221 South Evans Street
Greenville N.C. 27834

Telephone: 252.355.8500
Fax: 252.355.8568
Email: newsdesk@wnct.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.