The Tyger River Correctional Facility is holding recruitment event at SC Works in Spartanburg Thursday. The job fair for corrections officers will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. SC Works says about 100 positions are available at locations across the Upstate.
Job specifics and requirements:
Salary $26,062 (Job Order # 573312)
Benefits Offered: Medical, Life Insurance, Vacation, Retirement & Pension
· Must be US Citizen, with High School Diploma or GED
· No experience required, training will be provided by employer
· 12 hour shifts (no rotation), work only 14 days per month, with 2 weekends off monthly
· Must have valid Driver's License
· Will undergo Background Check/Drug Testing/Screening, reference checks, motor vehicle check
Applicants need to bring a resume to the event at the SC Works Spartanburg Office, 220 East Kennedy Street, Spartanburg, SC 29302.
For SC Department of Corrections Employment information click here. According to numbers provided by the department, there are more than 500 open positions for correctional officers across the state. That's about a 19 percent vacancy rate.
Another recruitment event is scheduled for February 7 at the SC Works Office in Union from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
3221 South Evans Street
Can't find something?
For problems with the FCC Public File, contact Loi Hamm • Media General Terms and Conditions of Use •
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.