CHARLOTTE: Carbon monoxide sickens 6 at Charlotte church - Greenville, NC | News | Weather | Sports - WNCT.com

Carbon monoxide sickens 6 at Charlotte church

Posted: Updated:

Sunday services at a Charlotte church have been canceled after carbon monoxide was found inside the building.

Firefighters said six people were taken to the hospital Saturday after they were sickened by the dangerous gas at Shiloh Institutional Baptist.

Authorities say about 18 people were meeting in the church when some of them started feeling dizzy and nauseous. Firefighters found carbon monoxide levels inside were potentially deadly.

Firefighters think carbon monoxide was leaking into the building through the broken heating system.

The church has hired a contractor to check its heating system and canceled services Sunday as a precaution.

Powered by WorldNow

3221 South Evans Street
Greenville N.C. 27834

Telephone: 252.355.8500
Fax: 252.355.8568
Email: newsdesk@wnct.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.