DURHAM: Electrical wiring blamed for Durham fire - Greenville, NC | News | Weather | Sports - WNCT.com

Electrical wiring blamed for Durham fire

Posted: Updated:

Electrical wiring is being blamed for sparking a residential fire in the 3000 block of Fayetteville  Street in Durham.

When units arrived, fire crews reported seeing light smoke coming from the crawlspace of a one-story home.

Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire and cut electrical service to the house.

Six adults were home at the time of the fire. The Red Cross is arranging temporary housing for them.

Powered by WorldNow

3221 South Evans Street
Greenville N.C. 27834

Telephone: 252.355.8500
Fax: 252.355.8568
Email: newsdesk@wnct.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.