Quantcast

MORRISVILLE: Cigarette believed to have caused apartment fire - Greenville, NC | News | Weather | Sports - WNCT.com

Improperly discarded cigarette believed to have caused Morrisville apartment fire

Posted: Updated:

An improperly discarded cigarette on a third-story balcony is believed to be the cause of an apartment fire in Morrisville Wednesday afternoon.

More than 40 people were displaced after that fire ripped through the Bexley Park Apartments in Morrisville.

Two units were destroyed and another 10 unites were damaged by the fire. Power had to be cut to as many as 12 units for safety reasons.

More than 40 people, including children, were getting aid from the Red Cross, including shelter, food and clothing.

Fire officials have not said what started the fire.

Copyright 2014 WNCN. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

3221 South Evans Street
Greenville N.C. 27834

Telephone: 252.355.8500
Fax: 252.355.8568
Email: newsdesk@wnct.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.