Quantcast

Fire that killed disabled man, great-grandson accidental - Greenville, NC | News | Weather | Sports - WNCT.com

Fire that killed disabled man, great-grandson accidental

Posted: Updated:
ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. -

Authorities say the fire that killed a disabled man his great-grandson in a house fire was accidental.

It started at a home on Springfield Road in Rocky Mount around ten Monday night.

63-year-old Frederick Fasegha and 4-year-old Iziah Crews were killed in the blaze. 
    
Officials said Thursday that the fire is believed to have started when the occupant was fueling a portable generator that was located on the back porch. The gasoline vapors were ignited by an undetermined heat source. Electrical power to portions of the area was interrupted as storms moved through the evening.
   
Fasegha's wife had told media outlets the house lost power overnight and that Fred had used a generator prior to the fire.
    

Powered by WorldNow

3221 South Evans Street
Greenville N.C. 27834

Telephone: 252.355.8500
Fax: 252.355.8568
Email: newsdesk@wnct.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.