Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Asheville chickenpox outbreak is NC's largest since 1995
- NCDOT Ferry Division awards contract two new ferries
- Goldsboro school principal sought for statutory rape of student is found dead
- Swastika painted over Duke mural remembering Pittsburgh synagogue shooting victims
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Updated AP Exclusive: Gov't questions unfair student loan practices
- Updated 'We need hundreds': Fire victims' families urged to give DNA
- Updated Citing E. coli outbreak, US officials say don't eat romaine
- Updated Ex-MSU president charged with lying to police about Nassar
NEW YORK (AP) - U.S. health officials are telling people to avoid eating romaine lettuce because of an E. coli outbreak that has sickened 32 people in 11 states. The Food and Drug Administration says it's working with officials in Canada, where people are also being warned to stay away from romaine lettuce. The strain identified is different than the one linked to romaine earlier this year, but it appears similar to one linked to leafy greens last year.Read More »
Big problem or a fraction of the world's plastic consumption? You decide, but know that single-use plastic straws are a recent target of environmental activists.Read More »
63° / 32°Partly Cloudy 0%
56° / 34°Sunny 10%
46° / 26°Sunny 0%