The Atlantic Coast Conference has canceled all athletics competition and practices through the rest of the 2019-20 academic year amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
The league announced the move Tuesday. The ACC had previously suspended those activities “until further notice.”
The ACC’s statement said the cancellations came after a unanimous decision among league member schools, with Commissioner John Swofford saying league officials are “particularly disappointed for our student-athletes.”
- Case managers are ‘unsung heroes’ of COVID-19 hospital care
- Pregnant Missouri woman stabbed to death on Thanksgiving; man she met online charged
- Peaches Records: A Wonderland of New Orleans Music
- Morganton woman arrested for sex act with foster child
- Not all the same: There are some hand sanitizers the FDA says consumers should avoid using. Here’s the full list.