RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — NC State’s men’s basketball team will be without one of its key contributors from last season’s roster.
DJ Funderburk, a redshirt junior, was suspended indefinitely for “violation of team policy” according to the university’s athletic office.
No specifics were made available into why exactly Funderburk was suspended.
Funderburk played in 36 games last season, starting one. He averaged 8.8 points per game, 4.2 rebounds per game and was a steady contributor from the field (55 percent) and the free throw line (78.5 percent).
- NC COVID-19 UPDATE: Nearly 1,400 new cases reported Saturday
- Tampa troopers help deliver baby on side of road
- War Story: World War II Veteran shares his journey through battle caused hate, to find love
- Christy’s Euro Pub closes temporarily, potential COVID-19 exposure
- Louisville community honors and celebrates Breonna Taylor’s life