ATLANTA (AP) – Jay Huff and Mamadi Diakite scored 17 points apiece as defending national champion Virginia snapped a three-game losing streak with a 63-58 win over Georgia Tech.
The Cavaliers finally regained their winning touch after dropping out of The Associated Press ranking for the first time since November 2017.
Virginia led by as many as 14 in the second half, and held on after Yellow Jackets ripped off a 9-0 run to make a game of it.
Georgia Tech lost its fourth straight home game despite 20 points from Jose Alvarado.
The Yellow Jackets haven’t won at McCamish Pavilion since Dec. 4.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Minuto a Minuto en ENC 9-28-2020
- PCC VISIONS scholarship program seeks out new applicants
- Trump claims he paid ‘millions’ in taxes despite returns showing he paid $750 in 2016, no taxes some years
- WNCT NOW Digital News Update 9/28/2020 -Early Afternoon
- CDC ranks Thanksgiving actives by COVID-19 risk: No gatherings with out of town relatives or Black Friday shopping