WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) – Tomas Woldetensae scored a career-high 21 points and Virginia got a final-play defensive stop to beat Wake Forest 65-63 in overtime on Sunday.
Woldetensae scored all his points on seven 3-pointers, including the go-ahead 3 with 3:55 left in overtime.
Wake Forest had a final possession to tie, calling timeout with the ball with 8.2 seconds left. But Olivier Sarr tried a desperation contested drive and failed to even get off a tying shot off before the buzzer to end it.
Andrien White scored 21 points to lead the Demon Deacons.
Wake Forest was playing without their injured top scorer Brandon Childress.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No. 19 ECU Completes Weekend Sweep Of William & Mary
- East Carolina Basketball Forces Overtime, But Cincinnati Prevails
- Archibald, Draisaitl lift Oilers over Hurricanes 4-3
- East Carolina Blanks George Washington 2-0 In Pirate Clash Finale
- Tonawanda community shaken after two people die in a crash involving six cars