GREENVILLE, N.C.(WNCT) With Phase 2 of the re-opening beginning, more people will be back on the roads.
Here are some safety tips to remember while driving.
- Buckle up! – don’t begin driving until everyone in your vehicle has their seat belt on.
- Follow the posted speed limits – speeding can put yourself and others around you at risk.
- Don’t hang your face mask in your review mirror – it will obstruct your view.
- Don’t use your phone while driving! – distracted driving could end your life or someone else’s.
- Don’t drink and drive! – designate a sober driver or call a car service.
- Keep 3-4 seconds of distance between you and other vehicles – this allows safe stopping time.
- If you’re traveling make driving plans ahead of time – you know where you’re going and can stay safe on the highway.
For more driving tips and information go to The North Carolina Department of Transportations website.