BULL HEAD,N.C.(WNCT) After a fire destroyed the Leventon Church last year right before Easter, the Congregation was left without a physical House of Worship.
Now after a year, construction has begun down the road from the original site for a new building.
The church was originally built in 1868 by free slaves. The building has lived through 154 years of legacy and hardship.
By the end of October a new church will be completed for the community to enjoy as a staple again.