MOREHEAD CITY, N.C. (WNCT) Morehead City is taking extra steps to keep its residents and employees safe during the outbreak of Coronavirus.
All city buildings will be closed to the public effective at 12 noon Tuesday, March 17.
City employees will be working in the community, answering police and fire service calls, performing inspections, repairing utility lines, and maintaining facilities – if you come across these people, exercise social distancing (approximately 6 feet of separation) as recommended by NC DHHS and the CDC.
As city employees continue to work and provide citizens with easy virtual and emergency access to the services they are accustomed to, note the following:
- Billing and Collections: The City Hall building will be closed to the public. Billing & Collections personnel will continue to work normal business hours and can be reached by phone or email. Residents can pay their utility bills and/or tax bills online at https://moreheadcitync.org/231/Pay-Your-Utilities-Bill, and by check or money order via mail and by the drop box in front of City Hall located at 706 Arendell St. The decision has been made to suspend April utility cutoffs given the critical importance of personal hygiene to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus and the potential for financial hardships during this time. To establish a new service call 252.726.6848 ext. 112 or 131.
- Planning, Inspections, and Permits: The City Hall building will be closed to the public. Planning and Inspections personnel will continue to work normal business hours and can be reached by phone or email. For any questions related to planning, zoning, inspections or permits, please call 252.726.6848 ext. 125 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Inspections will continue to be conducted as normal, but on-site inspections should be limited to the inspector only. In-person meetings will be restricted to those initiated or requested by City staff only. Permit applications can be found on the City website at https://moreheadcitync.org/301/Applications. Completed applications can be mailed to 706 Arendell Street, Morehead City, NC 28557 or uploaded into the Town of Morehead City Permit Portal. Those wishing to drop off their hard copy permit application may also do so through a newly created temporary drop box located next to the water bill drop box at the front entrance to City Hall. Please note this dropbox should be used for the Planning and Inspection business, only. Payments may be made by check, money order, or credit card online. For help setting up a Permit Portal account or assistance navigating the Permit Portal, please call or email Annie Bunnell at 252.726.6848 ext. 103 or email@example.com. Through the Permit Portal, customers can apply and pay for permits, request inspections, and view the status of inspections and applications submitted through the portal.
- Finance: The City Hall building will be closed to the public. Finance personnel will continue to work normal business hours and can be reached by phone or email. Vendor payment processing will continue as normal. If you have a question regarding Vendor payment please email AccountsPayable@moreheadcitync.org or call 252.726.6848 ext. 123 for Donna Watson or 252.726.6848 ext. 126 for Brandy Edwards.
Non-Emergency Fire Department Services:
- Asst. Chief Dykeman Baily 252.726.5040 ext. 4
- Captain Kelly Urban 252.726.5040 ext. 7
- Deputy Chief Chris Judy 252.726.5040 ext. 8
Non-Emergency Police Department Services:
Amy Thompson Support Service Coordinator 252.726.3131 ext. 119 Amy.firstname.lastname@example.org
Parks & Recreation Center: The Parks & Recreation Center is closed to the public. However, personnel will continue to work normal business hours and can be reached by phone or email. If you have any questions pertaining to our Parks and Recreation please contact Victoria Ward, Recreation Supervisor, at 252-726-5083 ext 6 email@example.com
Webb Library: The Webb Library is closed. If you have any questions pertaining to the library please contact James Swan, the Webb Library Director, at 252.646.2143 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Administration: The Municipal building is closed to the public. However, personnel will continue to work normal business hours and can be reached by phone or email. If you have any questions regarding administration matters please feel free to contact the City Manager’s Executive Assistant Kathy Eagle at Kathy.email@example.com or via phone at 252.726.6848 ext. 110.
All Public Works and Public Utilities buildings are closed to the public. However, personnel continue to work and can be reached by phone or email. If you have any questions pertaining to our Public Services Department please contact our Public Services at PublicServiceAdmins@moreheadcitync.org or call 252.726.6848 ext. 132 or 252.726.1911 (after-hours emergency).