‘Booze it and Lose it’ campaign nets 151 arrests; up from last year

Local

The holiday season has come to an end and so has a statewide campaign geared to make roads safer for drivers. 

North Carolina’s “Booze It and Lose It” campaign ended Wednesday.

Troopers said it was a success, but the arrest numbers show there is still work that needs to be done. 

“It was good New Year’s Eve,” said Master Trooper Brad Taylor with the Highway Patrol. “The weather allowed us some time to check. We did have some rain over the Booze It Lose It campaign, so it was hard to get out there and check licenses, but at the same time, we were able to stop a lot of vehicles that were driving impaired. ” 

This year there were 151 DWI charges over the course of the campaign, in comparison to 110 last year.

The campaign ran from December 14 to January 2.

“It lets me know that people are still drinking and driving, and we’re still trying to get the word out and make sure that you’re prepared for your parties,” said “If you’re going to drink, don’t drink too much before you drive home. So, it was a success as far as our troopers working hard, but we still have impaired drivers on the road.”

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

LKQD Outstream

Trending Stories

news-app-download-apple-350x50news-app-download-android-350x50