Carteret County receives $6.1 million in Hurricane Florence cleanup reimbursement

Local
NC Emergency Management and FEMA Logos

Carteret County will receive a total of $6.1 million in federal and state funding to reimburse the county for debris removal after Hurricane Florence.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency’s Public Assistance Program will reimburse Carteret County more than $4.7 million, or 75% of its total costs, to clean up hurricane debris between Sept. 7, 2018, and April 17, 2019. The State of North Carolina will cover the other 25% of costs, for a total reimbursement of more than $6.1 million to Carteret County.

The federal share is paid directly to the state, which disburses funds to local governments, agencies, and certain private nonprofit organizations that incurred costs.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

LKQD Outstream

Trending Stories

news-app-download-apple-350x50news-app-download-android-350x50