City of Havelock receives $2.34 million for Hurricane Florence recovery

Local
Hurricane Florence FS_1536616360209.png_54894915_ver1.0_1280_720_1536686249803.jpg.jpg

RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCT) – The State of North Carolina and FEMA has approved $2.34 million to reimburse the City of Havelock for road and culvert repair of Woodhaven Drive, which was flooded by Hurricane Florence.

The grant brings the total to more than $5 million to reimburse Havelock for Hurricane Florence-related expenses.

FEMA’s total share for the projects is $3.7 million and the state’s share is $1.3 million.

FEMA’s Public Assistance program provides grants for state and local governments and certain private nonprofit organizations to reimburse the cost of debris removal, emergency protective measures, and permanent repair work.

Public Assistance is a cost-sharing program.

FEMA reimburses applicants at least 75 percent of eligible costs and the remaining 25 percent is covered by the state.

The federal share is paid directly to the state to disburse to agencies, local governments, and certain private nonprofit organizations that incurred costs.

For more information on North Carolina’s recovery from Hurricane Florence, visit ncdps.gov/Florence and FEMA.gov/Disaster/4393.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

LKQD Outstream

Trending Stories

news-app-download-apple-350x50news-app-download-android-350x50