GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) – A structure fire destroyed a workshop early Tuesday evening.
Pitt County Emergency Management and several other agencies responded to the building on Randolph court.
First responders got the call around 6:20PM Tuesday evening.
Leaders with Pitt County EMS say there were no injuries and the building was unoccupied at the time.
When firefighters arrived at the scene the workshop was already engulfed in flames and it is still currently under investigation.
The size of the flames required help from other departments.
“Difficulty with water supply they had to shuttle water using tankers and that’s what caused some of the extra departments to be here along with the need for some manpower to get in and pull the debris apart,” explains James Mcarthur, Pitt Co Emergency Management’s Deputy Director.
Pitt County EMS wants to remind people to be careful with their space heaters and other devices this time of year.