GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) A man has been charged with several drug charges after leading deputies on a chase just a day after being released, deputies said.
On Thursday, September 10, detectives with the Pitt County Sheriff’s Office Special Operations Unit received information that Stephen Mack Ebron was selling heroin again.
Based on the information received, deputies attempted to conduct a traffic stop on Ebron’s vehicle on Oakley Road.
Ebron fled from deputies and during the chase Ebron threw heroin from the window.
He eventually stopped the vehicle and was taken into custody.
Ebron was charged with:
- Felony Flee to Elude Arrest
- Four counts of Possession with the Intent to Sell or Deliver Heroin
- Four counts of Maintaining a Vehicle or Dwelling for the Sale of a Controlled Substance
- Three counts of Felony Conspiracy
- Two counts of Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Resist, Delay, Obstruct a Public Officer
Currently he is being held at the Pitt County Detention Center under a $200,000 bond.
GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) A man has been charged after a month-long investigation into the sale of drugs in the Stokes area, deputies said.
On Wednesday, detectives with the Pitt County Sheriff’s Office Special Operations Unit concluded a month-long investigation into the illegal sale of heroin in the Stokes area with the execution of a search warrant at a residence located at 5114 Oakley Road.
During their search, detectives located and seized approximately 24 grams of heroin, 33 grams of marijuana, and approximately $1,100 in U.S. currency.
The suspect 36-year-old Stephen Mack Ebron was arrested on the following charges:
- Level II trafficking of heroin
- Possession with the intent to sell or deliver marijuana
- Maintaining a dwelling for the sale of a controlled substance
Ebron was also served with two unrelated outstanding warrants.
He was released after posting a $51,000 bond.