NEW BERN, N.C. (WNCT) – A charity called Be a Santa to a Senior is another way you can donate to your community this holiday season.
Provided by the senior care organization, Home Instead which provides gifts to low-income senior citizens who don’t have a family with them over the holidays with gifts from their very own wishlist.
“We give them a little wish list. And on the wish list, they will put in like five or six items like toiletry items, they want a bathroom, they want toothpaste, they want some shampoo, they want slippers, and so far so and so we’ve come back and then what we do is we put things on these ornaments,” said Peg Boyle, Senior Care Advocate/Home Instead.
The ornaments are then hung on trees in various locations where people can pick one up, and purchase the items on the wishlist for that senior.
Be a Santa to a Senior tree can be found at the following locations:
- Captain Ratty’s Seafood and Steakhouse, 202 Middle St., New Bern, NC 28560
- Carolina Bagel Company and Deli, 3601 Trent Rd., Suite 10, New Bern, NC 28562
- Carteret Community College, 3505 Arendell St., Morehead City, NC 28557
- First Baptist Church, 239 Middle Street, New Bern, NC 28560
- Home Instead, 3601 Trent Rd., Suite 4, New Bern, NC 28562
- Lowes Foods, 2900 Arendell St., Morehead City, NC 28557
- Lowes Foods, 321 WB McLean Dr., Cape Carteret, NC 28584
- Pamlico Pharmacy, 11326 N Carolina HW 55 E, Grantsboro, NC 28529
- Realo Pharmacy, 1301 Commerce Dr., New Bern, NC 28562
- Realo Pharmacy, 137 Bridge Town Blvd., Bridgeton, NC 28560
- Southern Pixie Salon and Spa, 2124 Trent Blvd., New Bern, NC 28560
- Subway, 346 West Jones St., Trenton, NC 28585
- Walmart, 6645 Highway 70, Newport, NC 28570
- Walmart, 566 US Highway 70 W, Havelock, NC 28532
- Walmart, 300 NC Highway 24, Morehead City, NC 28557
- Walmart, 11233 NC HWY 55, Grantsboro, NC 28529
Anyone interested in being a Santa to a Senior can click here to find a tree by location now until Dec. 13.