Onslow County to receive $1.5 million to aid Hurricane Florence recovery

Local
NC Emergency Management and FEMA Logos

Onslow County will receive more than $1.5 million in federal and state assistance to help the county recover from Hurricane Florence.

The $1.5 million award from the FEMA Public Assistance Program will reimburse Onslow County for emergency response and protective measures taken during Hurricane Florence in 2018, including search and rescue operations, sheltering, equipment and commodities for an emergency command center.

Public Assistance is a cost-sharing program in which FEMA reimburses applicants 75 percent of eligible costs, with the remaining 25 percent covered by the state. The federal share is paid directly to the state, which then disburses funds to agencies, local governments, and certain private, nonprofit organizations that incurred costs.

news-app-download-apple-350x50
news-app-download-android-350x50

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

news-app-download-apple-350x50news-app-download-android-350x50