GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) — A pedestrian died after being hit by a vehicle in a hit-and-run incident Sunday morning in Wayne County, officials say.
The incident was reported between 7:20 and 7:45 a.m. along U.S 70 near Westwood Drive near Goldsboro, according to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.
A man in his 30s died in the incident.
The only description troopers have of the vehicle involved is that it is burgundy in color, is missing a driver’s side mirror and has heavy front-end damage.
The name of the person who died was not available Sunday.
- Stanley helps Duke blow past Virginia Tech 88-64
- East Carolina Opens Pirate Invitational With 7-3 Win Over UMass
- Syracuse rallies to earn 79-72 win over Georgia Tech
- Sanders wins Nevada Democratic caucuses
- Dawes’ career-best 22 leads Clemson past Boston College 82-64