OUTER BANKS, N.C. (WAVY) — The Corolla Wild Horse Fund sanctuary on the Outer Banks has welcomed the newest addition to the family this week.
The foal arrival was announced on Wednesday and vets with Corolla confirmed it is a girl and she is healthy and strong.
Shortly after the photos were taken, the horse and its mother ran back into the woods.
There are a little over 100 wild horses that roam the northern Outer Banks. They are descendants of a group of shipwrecked horses that came from Spain hundreds of years ago.
For more information, click here.
- Russia and Iran made ‘desperate attempts’ to interfere with election, US officials say
- Republicans say Democrats planning to pack the Supreme Court
- OPA World Championship to take place this weekend in Morehead City
- Florida senator leading effort to limit SCOTUS justices while Democrat says court packing won’t happen
- Virginia Veteran has winning encounter with Prince Harry at Invictus Games, and the picture to prove it