Space heater causes fire that destroys Grifton home

Local

GRIFTON, N.C. (WNCT) — Pitt County Fire Marshal Jay Morris said a space heater was the cause of a fire that destroyed a home in Grifton on Monday.

The fire happened Monday morning around 9 a.m. on McCrae Street in Grifton. Morris confirmed to WNCT that a space heater that was too close to a bed was what led to the fire. The home was destroyed and three people who lived there were able to escape.

Morris also told WNCT’s Adrianna Hargrove a Pit Bull dog died in the fire.

Grifton, Winterville, Ayden and Gardnerville fire departments battled the fire. There were no injuries, Morris said.

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

LKQD Outstream

Trending Stories

news-app-download-apple-350x50news-app-download-android-350x50