AYDEN, N.C. (WNCT) The Town of Ayden will comply with the Pitt County Public Health Director’s statement to Go Home, Stay Home.
City officials said, “This Proclamation further prohibits gatherings of 10 or more, subject to certain exceptions, effective 5:00 p.m. on March 26 and will continue for two weeks through April 9.”
“The whole key is to reduce the number of people exposing each other to this virus,” said Ayden Mayor Stephen Tripp.
The Town of Ayden issued a State of Emergency effective on March 17.
Town Services/Operating Hours and Procedures
- Town offices will be closed to members of the public for two weeks, to be reevaluated at that time.
- Services such as trash and recycling will continue to run on regular schedules, however, service levels and times are subject to change.
- Utilities, planning and permitting requests/services should be made by phone or email. Visit us at www.ayden.com or call 252-481-5817 for assistance.
Payment of utility bills can be made using one of the following methods
- Online at https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/aydennc
- Telephone at 855-837-8290
- Dropbox located next to Town Hall
The Town of Ayden will not disconnect services due to non-payment and late fees will be waived during the emergency period.
Customers are reminded that they will be responsible for the payment of bills owed.
Town Functions Suspended, Canceled, or Postponed
- All Parks and Recreation programs have been suspended until April 6th to be reevaluated at that time
- Town Library will be closed 1 PM, Tuesday, March 17 for two weeks to be reevaluated at that time
- All town rental facilities will not be available over the next two weeks to be reevaluated at time
For up-to-date information from the Town of Ayden regarding Town activities and services, visit the website or visit Ayden’s social media sites – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.