GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) The Greenville Area Transit (GREAT) bus system will take its first step toward returning to full service beginning Monday, June 8.
Routes 1, 2, and 3 will resume operation after being suspended on March 26 in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Hours of operation for all six routes will be 7:15 a.m. to 5:15 p.m., Monday through Friday.
There will be no Saturday service at this time.
Buses will not run from 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. each day to allow buses to be cleaned.
GREAT will continue to operate with the following procedures in place:
- There is no fare to ride until further notice to limit interaction between drivers and riders.
- All-access on or off of the city buses is from the rear doors. The front doors will open for ADA access only.
- Buses are limited to no more than 19 passengers until further notice.
- Riders of the GREAT bus system are strongly encouraged to wear masks while riding.
- Riders are required to remain behind the red line on buses (six feet from the driver).