UPDATE: Window AC unit started Vanceboro house fire

Local

A family of five is homeless after a fire destroyed their mobile home fire early Tuesday morning.

The call came in at 2:20 a.m., and multiple crews responded to reports of flames engulfing a home on Piney Neck Road.

Two adults and three children lived in the home. The family’s mother heard smoke detectors, woke up and got everyone out of the home. The family says the Vanceboro Fire Department told them the fire was caused by a window air conditioning unit. 

The home is a complete loss. 

The family is safe, and they are seeking assistance from the Red Cross. 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

news-app-download-apple-350x50news-app-download-android-350x50