Worker in Kinston sent to Vidant after flash explosion

Local
ambulance-generic_37685340_ver1.0_640_360 (2)_1547828079278.jpg.jpg

A worker is being treated at Vidant Medical Center in Greenville Thursday night, recovering from what fire officials are describing as a flash explosion.

It happened at Amerigas out of Goldsboro.

According to Kinston fire Cpt. William Barss, the man was filling propane cylinders for Masterbrand Cabinet’s forklifts that they operate in the plant around 4:30 p.m.

The victim was an offsite worker.

Officials said the flash explosion was due to expended fuel on top of the cylinders that was ignited by some sort of static electricity.

The injured employee controlled the scene prior to firefighters arrival and put out spot fires on the ground with a fire extinguisher, then moved the propane truck out of harms away from any other potential hazard, officials said.

The victim was treated and sent to Vidant Medical Center. 

 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

news-app-download-apple-350x50news-app-download-android-350x50