Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Friday:
1. TRUMP: ‘I HAVE NO CHOICE’
The president acts to block the release of hundreds of records on the John F. Kennedy assassination, bending to CIA and FBI appeals to keep those secrets for national security reasons.
2. HOUSE PASSES $4 TRILLION BUDGET
The spending plan, which shelves longstanding concerns over federal deficits, gives a significant boost to Trump’s promise to cut taxes.
3. TRUMP DECLARES OPIOIDS A NATIONAL EMERGENCY
The scourge kills nearly 100 Americans a day and, the president says, spares no segment of American society.
4. WHY INVESTORS WANT PIECE OF AMAZON
Shares of the online retailer soar after the company posts earnings that far surpass Wall Street expectations.
5. ASSAD REGIME BLAMED FOR GAS ATTACK
Experts say the Syrian government was responsible for an attack in April using the nerve gas sarin that killed over 90 people.
6. HOW POLITICAL SCANDAL IS BEING RESOLVED
Tea party groups are in line for government payouts to settle lawsuits over the extra, often burdensome IRS scrutiny they received.
7. MSNBC SUSPENDS VETERAN POLITICAL REPORTER
The move follows charges by five women that Mark Halperin sexually harassed them while he was an ABC News executive.
8. WHAT’S STOPPING MONARCHS FROM MIGRATING
Unusually warm weather and strong winds are keeping the butterflies far north of where they’d normally be this time of year.
9. POPE LOOKS TO THE HEAVENS
The pontiff chats with Russian cosmonauts during a call with the International Space Station.
10. JOE GIRARDI FIRED BY YANKEES
The manager is departing after 10 seasons that included just one World Series title for a team that expects to win every year.