NORTH CAROLINA (QUEEN CITY NEWS) — Several great white sharks including a 13-footer are currently being tracked off the shores of the North Carolina coast.
OCEARCH is a global non-profit organization that collects data to help scientific research.
Overall, 437 animals have been tagged, 44 expeditions have been launched, and 200 scientists are involved.
- RECALL: Chocolate snacks sold at Dollar General may contain peanuts
- Donald Trump says he’s been indicted in classified documents case
- Trump says he’s been indicted in classified documents probe
- Organizers, anglers ready for 65th Annual Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament
- ‘Deserves to be shot’: IN man accused of showing up to Taylor Swift’s home, stalking
Right now, multiple great whites are off the Wilmington shoreline.
Two more, including the 13-footer, which has been nicknamed Breton, are slightly further north near Cape Lookout. Great whites were also located near the Outer Banks on Wednesday.