RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCT) — A winning $50,000 Powerball ticket was sold at a store in Emerald Isle, according to the N.C. Education Lottery.
Emerald Isle wasn’t the only place in North Carolina with a winning ticket in Wednesday’s drawing.
Including Emerald Isle, there were nine tickets winning $50,000, six Power Play tickets winning $200,000, and one ticket winning $1 million.
The $1 million ticket matched all five white balls in Wednesday’s drawing. It was sold at the Food Lion on East Wilson Avenue in Creedmoor in Granville County.
The $200,000 tickets were sold at:
• Week’s Grocery, Barnes Street, Reidsville. (Rockingham County)
• Olde Brunswick Store No. 2, East Oak Island Drive, Oak Island (Brunswick County)
• M&M Mart, North Main Street, Marion (McDowell County)
• Food Lion, East Parrish Drive, Benson (Johnston County)
• Brite Mart, North Main Street, Goldston (Chatham County)
• Linwood Family Mart, Linwood Road, Kings Mountain (Cleveland County)
The winning ticket in Emerald Isle, as well as eight other $50,000 tickets, were sold at stores in Durham, Emerald Isle, Indian Trail, Gibsonville, Winston-Salem, Lumberton, Raleigh and Haw River.
Estimates are that Powerball ticket sales in North Carolina during the 21 drawings raised $19 million for education this year.
Wednesday night’s winners have 180 days to claim their prize.