SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — Colin Kaepernick announced Thursday he is donating $100,000 to aid communities of color during the coronavirus pandemic.
He encouraged others to donate to the Know Your Rights Camp COVID-19 Relief Fund to assist disproportionate communities highly affected by the crisis.
The “Know Your Rights” campaign focuses on food, shelter relief, education, personal protective equipment and incarcerated populations to help slow the spread of the virus and provide the resources needed.
“Black and brown communities are being disproportionally devastated by COVID-19 because of hundreds of years of structural racism,” the former 49ers quarterback said in a video he posted to Twitter. “That’s why we’ve established the ‘Know Your Rights’ Camp COVID-19 Relief Fund to help address these issues.”
For more information, click here.
Latest News Headlines:
- Vice President Kamala Harris visits Triad, speaks about American Jobs Plan at Guilford Technical Community College
- UNCG hires new head basketball coach
- Raleigh-Apex NAACP asks for future protests to be non-violent, peaceful
- COVID-19 vaccine providers in NC look for new ways to reach more of the population
- Gourde scores in OT to lift Lightning over Hurricanes 3-2