NEW BERN, N.C. – Craven Community College’s Lifetime Learning Center (LLC) is pleased to announce Explorations: The International Film Series schedule for 2021-22. This year’s international film selections will be presented monthly from October to November 2021 and January to April 2022.
Each film takes place in Orringer Auditorium on the New Bern campus on Fridays and has two showtimes: a matinee at 2:30 p.m. and an evening screening at 7:30 p.m. To accommodate for social distancing, there will also be a 4:15 p.m. showing for films shown in October and November. Due to the variety of languages and accents represented, as well as accommodation for the hearing impaired, all films are shown with English subtitles.
The public is welcome and admission is free. Donations at the door are welcome and help support the series.
Note: The LLC will be following all State and College mandates regarding health and safety protocols. Until further notice, plan to bring and wear a mask at all events held in Orringer Auditorium.
2021-22 Event Schedule:
- Oct. 8 – “Le Chef” (2012) | France/Spain | Rated PG-13 | 84 minutes | Comedy/Drama
- Nov. 19 – “Frantz” (2017) | France/Germany | Rated PG-13 | 114 minutes | Drama/History/Romance
- Jan. 7 – “All is True” (2018) | United Kingdom | Rated PG-13 | 101 minutes | Comedy/Drama/History
- Feb. 4 – “Ali”s Wedding” (2017) | Austrailia | Rated TV-MA | 110 minutes | Comedy/Drama/Romance
- March 4 – Bonus Film Event – “The Artist’s Garden: American Impressionism” | Documentary
- March 18 – “The Road to Mother” (2019) | Kazakhstan | Not Rated | 135 minutes | Drama/History/War
- April 1 – “Shoplifters” (2018) | Japan | Rated R | 121 minutes | Family/Crime/Drama
- April 29 – “Come What May” (2015) | France/Belgium | Rated R | 114 minutes | Drama/War
Movie trailers and more information can be found here.