ONSLOW COUNTY, N.C.(WNCT)- An Onslow County man faces additional charges after being arrested Monday.
William Ross Stout Jr. was previously charged with breaking into several vehicles in the Rock Creek area.
The additional charges stem from an investigation into stolen checks.
The Onslow County Sheriff’s Office said Stout was stealing checks, altering and cashing them at various banks in Jacksonville, New Bern and Cape Carteret.
The additional charges are as follows:
- (20) Larceny of Choice in Action
- (20) Counts Common Law Forgery
- (20) Counts Common Law Uttering
- (20) Counts Obtaining Property by False Pretense
- (20) Counts of Stolen Goods/Property
Bond for the additional charges is set for $772,000.00 secured.
Jacksonville Police Department, Craven County Sheriff’s Office and Carteret County Sheriff’s Office assisted in the investigation along with Onslow County Sheriff’s Office.