The Pasquotank County Sheriff’s Office arrested a 16-year-old student for simple assault and resist, delay or obstruct after a fight at H.L. Trigg Community School on March 13.
During the investigation, the school personnel and the full-time School Resource Officer said they discovered a handgun, magazine with bullets, a plastic pill bottle containing marijuana and digital scales was in his coat at school.
The student, identified as Jamarion N. Taylor, of Elizabeth City, was removed without incident.
Taylor was charged with the following charges:
- One count of misdemeanor simple assault
- One count of misdemeanor resist, delay or obstruct
- One count felony possession of a firearm on an educational property
- One count of felony possession of a firearm with an altered or removed serial number
- One count of felony possession of a stolen firearm
- One count of felony possession with the intent to sell or deliver marijuana
Taylor was sent to the Albemarle District Jail under a $4,000 bond.