A man has been arrested after deputies said they found almost 6lbs. of marijuana, ecstasy pills, xanax pills, and an AK47 during a search warrant at a residence in Duplin County.
Jonathan Shepard, of Magnolia, was charged with:
- Trafficking in MDMA by possession and manufacture
- Possession with intent to manufacture, sell, and deliver marijuana
- Felony possession of marijuana
- Felony possession of schedule II
- Simple possession of schedule IV
- Maintaining a place to keep controlled substances
- Manufacture schedule VI
- Possession of marijuana paraphernalia
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Exceeding the posted speed limit
The Duplin County Sheriff’s Office conducted a traffic stop on Shepard’s vehicle for a traffic violation on Cornwallis Road on January 4.
Deputies said they found approximately two grams of marijuana, a firearm, and $8,314.
Later, deputies conducted a search warrant on Shepard’s residence and said they found 2,672 grams of marijuana, 30 grams of MDMA, amphetamine pills, xanax pills, and an AK47.
Shepard was sent to the Duplin County Jail under a $100,000 bond.