Electrical fire displaces family of 9

News
Image_168624

BULL HEAD, NC (WNCT)- A family of 2 adults and 7 children in Greene County is displaced after an electrical fire started in their laundry room Sunday morning.

Bull Head Fire Chief Daniel King says they received a call just before 8:00 a.m. Bull Head Fire Department as well as departments from Walstonburg, and Fort Run also responded to the fire on 25 Lane Road.

There were people inside the house at the time of the fire, but King says they were able to get out of the house. No injuries were reported.

The fire that started in the laundry room was contained there, but because the power needed to be cut off, the family cannot return to the house until repairs are made to the panel box. American Red Cross is assisting the family at this time.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

LKQD Outstream

Trending Stories

news-app-download-apple-350x50news-app-download-android-350x50