It’s that time of year where we can all get an extra hour of sleep. Daylight Saving Time officially ends at 2 am on Sunday morning. Make sure to set your clock back an hour before you head to bed!FUN FACTS
- Daylight Saving Time is singular not plural (saving not savings)
- DST begins on the second Sunday in March and ends on the first Sunday in November
- Not everyone in the US participates in DST including Hawaii and parts of Arizona.
- Around 70 countries across the globe observe DST
- Benjamin Franklin first thought of DST back in 1784
- In November 2007, Laura Cirioli of North Carolina gave birth to Peter at 1:32 a.m. and, 34 minutes later, to Allison. However, because Daylight Saving Time reverted to Standard Time at 2:00 a.m., Allison was born at 1:06 a.m. (source: acurite.com)
~ Meteorologist Candice Boling