Family uses fireworks to scare bird out of hole in roof, catches house on fire

News
HoleInRoof_219469

LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) – A house fire destroyed one Lafayette family’s roof Sunday morning, but how it happened was unexpected.

Around 11 a.m., Lafayette fire and police were called to a house on Archway Drive.

Lafayette police said the family was trying to scare a bird out of a hole in the roof – with a firework.

Sparks flew and part of the roof caught fire.

No one was hurt and only the roof was damaged.

Lafayette fire crews extinguished the flames in about 30 minutes.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

LKQD Outstream

Trending Stories

news-app-download-apple-350x50news-app-download-android-350x50