A two-day joint operation by law enforcement in the Rocky Mount area netted 13 arrests and led to the seizure of cocaine, marijuana and firearms.
Four search warrants were executed in the Happy Hill neighborhood of Rocky Mount as part of “Operation Hammer Time.”
During the execution of those warrants, a total of seven firearms, 71.3 grams of cocaine, 2.12 pounds of marijuana and 304 rounds of ammunition were located, officials said.
Later, a fifth search warrant was executed in the southern part of Rocky Mount. Two stolen handguns, and an ounce of cocaine was seized.
A traffic stop was made in reference to this search which resulted in another handgun being seized.
“It is amazing what can be accomplished when law enforcement agencies work together,” said Special Operations Section Commander and Lt. John Feagans. “I just want to commend the officers of the RMPD and the members of the NCSO, ECSO, Wilson PD, ALE, SBI and Community Corrections for their hard work and dedication.”
On the second day “Hammer Time” resulted in the seizure of four more firearms, 20.19 grams of cocaine and 137 grams of marijuana.
The totals for “Operation Hammer Time”:
- 15 firearms
- 300 rounds of ammunition
- 2.4 pounds of marijuana
- 90 grams of both powder and crack cocaine
Those arrested were listed as:
- Carvell Puddy was charged with possession with intent to sell and distribute marijuana, felony possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- L’Var Silver was charged with simple possession of marijuana.
- Darrian Gupton was charged with PWISD marijuana, felony possession of marijuana, maintaining a dwelling and possession of cocaine.
- Timothy Earl Davis was charged with possession of Schedule IV, possession of Schedule VI and served with two outstanding order for arrests.
- Quinton Brown was charged with possession with intent to sell and distribute marijuana, felony possession of marijuana and maintaining a dwelling.
- Tyquan Draughn was charged with a probation/parole violation.
- Milton Hopkins was charged with simple possession of marijuana.
- Damaz Alston was charged with simple possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Terrell Battle was charged with possession of heroin, possession of crack cocaine, and maintaining a vehicle.
- Marquis Hines was charged with felony possession of cocaine, simple possession of marijuana, maintaining a vehicle and possession of a firearm by a felon.
- Jamar Thompson was charged with simple possession of marijuana, carrying a concealed weapon and possession of a stolen firearm.
- Jose Delgado-Aleman was charged with resist, obstruct, delay and possession of an open container in a passenger vehicle. He also was served an outstanding probation violation.
- Craig Jenkins was charged with simple possession of marijuana.
The law enforcement agencies involved in Hammer Time:
- The Rocky Mount Police Department
- Nash County Sheriff’s Office
- Edgecombe County Sheriff’s Office
- North Carolina Alcohol Law Enforcement
- Department of Public Safety Community Corrections Division
- State Bureau of Investigation
- Wilson Police Department