(WNCT) – The North Carolina State Highway Patrol released the county breakdown of the 2015 Holiday “Booze It and Lose It” campaign.
One of the biggest issues was not DWI violations. Troopers reported 31,207 citations were issued for speeding.
DWI state totals came to 3,074.
The campaign ran from December 11 through January 3.
A few notes from the report:
- Onslow County: Top 15 counties in the state for DWI (55)
- Pitt County/Craven County: Top 25 counties in the state for DWI (Pitt/41 and Craven/38)
- Carteret County: Reported 328 speeding violations
- Lenoir County: Reported 176 speeding violations
- Beaufort County: Reported 285 speeding violations